Alexandria’s Shovel Ready Sites
The Alexandria Area Economic Development Commission led a Minnesota Shovel Ready Site certification process to classify several property parcels in the Heritage Business Park as “Shovel Ready.” This classification is awarded by the Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development, and indicates that property owners/representatives have completed all pre-construction studies and requirements in order to make a company’s pre-construction process as fast as possible.
- A 10-ton road system: Including Business Park-wide roadways and adjacent MN State Highways 29 and 27
- Fiber optic & high speed connectivity: Available through a variety of local, regional, and national providers
- Complete infrastructure: Water, sewer, and telecommunications
- Freeway visibility: The Business Park abuts Interstate Highway 94
- Easy access to transportation infrastructure
The Shovel Ready sites in Alexandria are located adjacent to I-94 and MN State Highway 29 (1/2 mile from MN State Highway 27) and include both I-1 and I-B zoned lots. The sites are located adjacent to the Alexandria Industrial Park.
- City of Alexandria I-1 zoning definition: The purpose of the “I-1” Light Industrial District is to provide for the establishment of warehousing and light industrial development.
- City of Alexandria I-B zoning definition: The purpose of the “I-B” Industrial Business District is to provide for the establishment of selected commercial and industrial activities which draw from the entire community, but not including entertainment, food related, lodging or housing establishments.
To view available land listings for Alexandria and surround community, please visit the MN Dept. of Employment and Economic Development.