It is estimated that 20–21% of our population can be classified as difficult people. No matter where you go there will be at least one to deal with. Difficult people look for your buttons. They don’t push your buttons; they punch them! Identify the “nasty people” and learn how to stop being hurt by them without becoming one of them! Sometimes a coworker can temporarily become difficult and unreasonable. Sometimes you have a coworker that becomes difficult permanently. Sometimes in a multi-generational workplace, intergenerational communication differences can cause difficulty.
This session provides techniques to minimize the damage to yourself and your organization. Participants will learn:
- Ten different types of difficult people
- Five action steps to respond rather than react
- Five stages in controlling your emotions and responding appropriately
- How to differentiate yourself from everyone else
- Fifty strategies to deal with the truly ruthless