Quality organizations have a pulse and excitement that is electric. It is indescribable but one that you can sense immediately. It does not just happen: It is intentional, it is well orchestrated and it starts with the ability of the leadership team to foster teamwork and a positive and upbeat working environment. It is not about emotion; it is a decision.
Quality guru Ed Deming reminds us that quality organizations are made up of mostly happy people and stresses the importance of making training of communications and team building skills a way of life. People thrive when they have clearly defined expectations, ongoing coaching and encouragement to help them reach those expectations, and a climate that enhances job satisfaction.
This seminar is a “Train the Trainer” session that will arm participants with tools to design and conduct ongoing training for their employees utilizing their own expertise and personnel.
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Time: 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
Location: ATCC Room 209
Denny Smith, Presenter
What participants will learn:
- An overview of the Deming philosophy.
- How to define and create positive climate and culture.
- How to clearly define and communicate desired outcomes.
- (What is your version of “Neat, Clean and Full.)
- How to correct and coach without criticizing.
- How to conduct your own teambuilding sessions.
- How to train staff to deal effectively and calmly with upset people.
- How to get everyone to take ownership of the quality process.
- How to teach everyone to solve problems with ease and confidence.