Located in the heart of Minnesota’s Lakes Area and at the intersection of key Upper Midwest transportation infrastructure routes, the Alexandria area is a great location for businesses to grow and succeed. The area is experiencing significant growth both in terms of commercial expansion and development. Our population and has been identified by Site Selection Magazine as Minnesota’s Fastest Growing Micropolitan Statistical Area for 4 years as well as the 6th fastest growing in the Nation. Alexandria was also selected as the 22nd in the top 100 Best Small Towns in America. This growth partnered with the area’s strong manufacturing base, regional healthcare, educational systems, and retail sales strength serves as a strong base to support a wide variety of businesses.
ALEXANDRIA’S SHOVEL READY SITES
The Alexandria Area Economic Development Commission has a number of industrial parcels for sale located on Interstate 94. These sites vary in size from 0.5 to 2.62 acres and can be combined to fit your needs.
The Alexandria Area Economic Development Commission led a Minnesota Shovel Ready Site certification process to classify several property parcels in the Heritage Business Park as “Shovel Ready.” This classification is awarded by the Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development, and indicates that property owners/representatives have completed all pre-construction studies and requirements in order to make a company’s pre-construction process as fast as possible.
- A 10-ton road system: Including Business Park-wide roadways and adjacent MN State Highways 29 and 27
- Fiber optic & high speed connectivity: Available through a variety of local, regional, and national providers
- Complete infrastructure: Water, sewer, and telecommunications
- Freeway visibility: The Business Park abuts Interstate Highway 94
- Easy access to transportation infrastructure
The Shovel Ready sites in Alexandria are located adjacent to I-94 and MN State Highway 29 (1/2 mile from MN State Highway 27) and include both I-1 and I-B zoned lots. The sites are located adjacent to the Alexandria Industrial Park.
- City of Alexandria I-1 zoning definition: The purpose of the “I-1” Light Industrial District is to provide for the establishment of warehousing and light industrial development.
- City of Alexandria I-B zoning definition: The purpose of the “I-B” Industrial Business District is to provide for the establishment of selected commercial and industrial activities which draw from the entire community, but not including entertainment, food related, lodging or housing establishments.
To view available land listings for Alexandria and surround community, please visit the MN Dept. of Employment and Economic Development.